Technology Cannonball in the Information Governance Pool: Technologies You Need to Know
Recorded: April 6, 2018
1 CEU – Technology
IT Departments are deploying new technologies at a rapid pace. A couple of these are Vendor Neutral Archive and Enterprise Content Management systems. Both of these technologies will affect the HIM IG plans, this presentation will teach the basics of these two platforms.
Seth Johnson is an Executive Healthcare Industry Consultant on the Global Healthcare Team for Lexmark International. He is responsible for advising Lexmark on products, solutions and services to bring into specific healthcare markets in the 4 geographies Lexmark serves globally. Seth also provides consulting services to Lexmark customers ensuring the customer needs are met.
Prior to joining Lexmark in 2013, Johnson worked as a Director, IT Project Management Office, and Director of IT Operations for a mid-size health system in Tennessee and Virginia. Johnson has extensive experience in Healthcare in a variety of management and executive positions, for example:
- Corporate Director of IT, Wellmont Health – rolled out Epic and McKesson
- Director of Health Information Management, Holston Valley Medical Center
- Privacy and Security Officer, Holston Valley Medical Center
- Manager Health Information Management, Mountain States Healthcare Alliance
Seth is also credentialed through the American Health Information Management Association and serves within industry associations as well as instructs for industry programs.
- RHIA credentialed
- Past President of Tennessee Health Information Management Association 2010-2011
- Current President-Elect of the Tennessee Health Information Management Association
- Member of the American Health Information Management Association Advocacy and Policy Council for federal regulation
- Member of the NYS HIMSS Privacy and Security Council commission by the New York Department of Health
- Member of the Florida HFMA IT Forum Workgroup
- Adjunct Faculty – University of Tennessee – Health Information and Informatics Management
Access instructions to the recording will be provided within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
Live Session: $10
Recorded Session: $10
To address situations regarding cancellation of a member’s/registrant’s paid education conference in accordance with the WPHIMA Bylaws and Terms & Conditions. It is the mission of the Association to provide clear and reasonable guidelines when a registrant is unable to attend and wishes to be reimbursed.
Cancellation with 1 or more days advance notice:
- According to the WPHIMA Terms & Conditions, the registrant may request a refund via the following e-mail address email@example.com
- The participant will be refunded minus a service fee via the credit card used to prepay
Notice of cancellations less than 1 day prior to the event or no shows to the event will not be eligible for reimbursement.
- The registrant will not have the option of using this payment as a credit towards future education conferences.
- The registrant will not be eligible to receive continuing education credits from the session, even if he/she has received the handouts.
Click here if you need to cancel your registration or provide a substitute.
When you register online, you will have the option to pay by mail with a check or pay online with a credit card (AMEX, MasterCard, Visa, or Discover).
If you are paying by check, select “mail a check” under payment options. You will later see instructions to print the confirmation page and mail your payment to KnowledgeConnex. The mailing address will be on the invoice. Make your check payable to KnowledgeConnex and include the confirmation/order number with the check. Checks that do not reference the confirmation number will be returned to you and will not be applied to the registration.